Thursday, March 5, 2015

Research Topic

Research topic: Henrietta Lack. The immortal life of Henrietta Lack.

I found some really good articles giving the different perspectives on the science and the life of Henrietta Lack. Before I start to dig into the articles I want to read the book based on the life of Henrietta and the science behind her cells are so important. My biology teachers said that once I read the book I will be able to get a general understanding behind the science, and then within the text I will be able to find articles and experiments written by the doctors who were involved with the Henrietta Lacks situation. The book will the basis of my paper. From the book I will be able to branch from there and find other sources that will help me argue my perspective.

Questions:
1. Who was Henrietta Lack?
2. What are HeLa cells?
3. Why are cells considered immortal?
4. Medical Benefits?
5. Ethical?
6. Family?
7. Did race play a major role?

No comments:

Post a Comment